An important missing link in the supply chain is to maintain communication between the industrial and commercial companies with logistics service providers (3PLs). Thus emerges the need for a provider that will centralize and manage their resources, they will have the skills and technological development, the same as for providing ancillary services to provide a complete supply chain solution. This is the short description of the services of a 4PL.
H Logistics Way, through alliances between service providers (3PL), technology providers and consultants (best-of-breed), can create unique and comprehensive supply chain solutions that cannot be achieved with a single provider.
The services provided by a 4PL are:
- The negotiations with 3PL (invoice management, call centers, warehouse/distribution facilities, etc.)
- Implementation Center (the business process analysis/scoping, and development of all activities into an open systems framework)
- Product/Skill Centers (supply chain engineering)
- IT System Center (the pure IT selection for design and implementation/connectivity)
- 4PL Back Office (administration, quality, finance, legal, etc.)